Although this is a relatively dead time of year sports wise, there is assuredly other useless stuff to share. Since the NBA kind of stinks, I offer Movie Reviews for the summer, so far:
- Star Trek - Entertaining. Non stop action from the open scene forward. Green chicks. It is clearly marketed towards the 20-somethings out there...a new generation of cool Trekkies can be roped in and exploited. If they would have cast Ashton Kutcher as Kirk, they'd have really taken away this cherished corner of nerdiness. A little bit less Trek than traditional films and tv shows. Almost a little Star Wars-y at times.
- Wolverine - While not necessarily the best story, it is another fun look at a super hero back story. It is always good to see new characters pulled from the comics on to the big screen, even if there presence is fleeting. I wish I had some freakin' Adamantium claws.
- Up - Even if The Mouse & Company are likely an evil empire, you've got to hand it to them...they make a good cartoon flick. You wouldn't think a film about a crotchedy old fart in a floating house would be worth seeing, but you'd be wrong. If you like dogs, this is a must see.
- Terminator Salvation - Cool. Another Terminator flick! Batman plays John Connor! Incredible CG effects! How can this miss? Oh wait...the many illogical moments...and blase dialog...and crappy direction. While I was glued to the screen for most of the flick, I couldn't help but feeling empty at the end. The more I thought this one through, the more I felt gypped. Certainly, there will be another to follow in about 3 years. Perhaps they will get it right next time. Or perhaps the machines will kill us before they get the chance to make it through production.
I've invited several of you to be "authors" on this blog, so PLEASE feel free to contribute postings so that I'm not just talking to myself. If there is no up take, the site will be abandoned along with millions of other internet tumbleweeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.